Keepass2Android is an open source password manager application for Android. It is compatible with the popular KeePass 2.x Password Safe for Windows and aims at simple synchronization between devices.
Some highlights of the app:
- Stores all your passwords in a securely encrypted vault
- compatible with KeePass (v1 and v2), KeePassXC, MiniKeePass and many other KeePass ports
- QuickUnlock: Unlock your database once with your full password, re-open it by typing just a few characters - or your fingerprint
- Synchronize your vault using the cloud or your own server (Dropbox, Google Drive, SFTP, WebDAV and many more). You can use "Keepass2Android Offline" if you don't need this feature.
- AutoFill service and integrated soft-keyboard to safely and easily pass the passwords to websites and apps
- Many advanced features, e.g. support for AES/ChaCha20/TwoFish encryption, several TOTP variants, unlock with Yubikey, entry templates, child databases for sharing passwords and more
- Free and Open-Source
Which files are accessed by the app?
Keepass2Android reads and writes only these files which you explicitly select as password database file (.kdb, kdbx), as key file for decrypting the database (.key), files which you explicitly select to attach to the database or data which you explicitly select to export from the database.
What will the app do with your user data?
Keepass2Android will never pass any data from your password database or any other data entered into the app to the author or any third party unless explicitly requested by the user. The app allows to transfer the data from your database into other apps and websites as this is the purpose of a password manager app, but each such transfer is explicitly requested and triggered by the user.
How Keepass2Android enhances user functionality
KeePass is the most wide-spread open-source password manager tool on Windows, used by millions of users. The users of Keepass2Android can access and edit their password database on Android as well. As soon as the app supports Google Drive storage again (currently blocked because verification was not finished), synchronizing the data will work reliably and easy again.
Bug reports and feature suggestions